Washington Fire Marshal warns of carbon monoxide danger

Washington State Fire Marshal Melissa Gannie, in a press release, warns of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. As we approach the winter months, the incidence of carbon monoxide poisoning is increased. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention estimates that every year 500 people die and another 20,000 are sickened in the United States because of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Causes of CO poisoning include gas-fired appliance including ranges and heaters, gas-powered tools, charcoal grills, wood-burning furnaces or fireplaces and motor vehicles. Some times a defect in a product, improper installation or misuse can cause the release of this deadly gas.

CO poisoning is a silent killer as the fumes cannot be seen, smelled or tasted. The Fire Marshall recommends that all homes have carbon monoxide detectors installed.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured by dangerous and defective products and the family of those killed.

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or attorney@hgfarber.com to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.


0 responses to “Washington Fire Marshal warns of carbon monoxide danger”

  1. Jeff says:

    CO Poisoning is really scary since you cant tell if you are getting poisoned, the symptoms are the same as the flu, which might make you think you need to lay down and rest…

Contact Information