Two men overcome by gas fumes die in Kahlotus, Washington cistern

The Seattle Times reports that two men from Kahlotus were found dead at the bottom of a cistern. The two men were working with a gas-powered pump and apparently did not get enough oxygen
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office reported that Eric Harder, age 39, and Kurt Harder, 45, were both killed after becoming overcome by gas fumes.

The report also said that a Kahlotus ambulance crew member was sickened by the fumes and was taken by air ambulance to a hospital for treatment. The crew member is expected to recover.

Kahlous is a rural town north-east of Kennewick and east of Yakima, Washington.

Cisterns are regularly used in areas where there is not a lot of water for use in irrigation.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group.

The Farber Law Group represents people who have been seriously injured and families of those killed to to the negligence of another or because of defective or dangerous products. Contact us at 1-800-244-9087.

Contact Information