Second Seattle street light found to pose electrocution hazard

Seattle City Light has found a streetlight that posed an electrocution risk in the High Point neighborhood of Seattle reports the Seattle

On Thanksgiving day, a dog was electrocuted by a faulty Seattle street light vault cover in Queen Anne. In that case, Seattle City Light Superintendent Jorge Carrasco described the dog’s electrocution an “isolated incident.”

The dog’s owner, Lisa Mckibbin, plans to seek compensation for her damages for the loss of her dog. It is reasonable to think that she may be able to recover compensation for mental distress and anguish, loss of companionship and also for the market value of her pet.

Carrasco said City Light will perform voltage tests on all of Seattle’s 20,000 metal light poles.

Seattle City Light was alerted to the second faulty lamp post by a woman her said her dog was acting “wary” around a light pole. The city’s crews found that the metal pole was emitting 50 volts.

Depending on the voltage, a person or a pet can be injured or even killed. Any voltage exceeding 30 mA can cause serious damage or death. Electrocution can cause burns, ventricular fibrillation and also can cause neurological damage.

Carrasco said all of the light poles throughout the city will be inspected and it will take approximately four months to do so.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another or due to dangerous or faulty products. With our help, you may obtain civil justice.

Related Posts:

Woman whose dog was electrocuted plans to file negligence claim against Seattle City Light

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.

Contact Information