The Washington State Patrol reports that there have been 7 fatal pedestrian accidents in Southwest Washington in the past 10 months.
The WSP provides the following safety tips for pedestrians to avoid a pedestrian accident:
- Do not walk on freeways.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled on the freeway, pull to the right as far as possible. Stay in your vehicle if possible. If you exit your car, exit from the passenger side. Avoid standing between two vehicles.
- If you have a flat tire on the traffic side of your vehicle, call roadside assistant or 911. The WSP will respond to help you.
- If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, move your vehicle as far right as possible and call 911.
- If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and your car or truck is not drivable, leave your vehicle and move to a safe place and call 911.
- If you stop to help at a motor vehicle accident, be sure you park your vehicle in a safe location, call 911 and watch traffic.
Washington State Patrol Media Release Car Pedestrian Fatalities
This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in pedestrian accidents due to the negligence of another and the family of those killed.
Pedestrian injured in Seattle metro bus accident
Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or email@example.com to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.