Register your child safety seat in case of a recall

Did you know that you can register your child safety seat so that you are notified if the seat is subject to recall?

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration requires manufacturers to notify registered owners by mail if their child seat has been recalled including infant seats, boosters seats and child seats.

Some manufacturers allow you to register via their web-sites. If you prefer or if you do not know how to register, the NHTSA can register your seat for you using a Child Restraint Registration Form found on the NHTSA web-site.

You can choose to either e-mail the form in or mail via U.S. Postal Service to the following address:

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of Defects Investigation Correspondence Research Division (NVS-216)
Room W48-301 1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E.
Washington, DC 20590 Fax: (202) 366-1767 E-mail:

You can find the information regarding manufacturer, model number and serial number on a label which can be found on the seat.

seattle car accident lawyer

For more information see the NHTSA web-page, “Register your Child Restraint.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents caused by the negligence of another. With our help, you may recover compensation for your damages.

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Bellevue to assist you.

Related Posts:

Car booster seat ratings just released

WSP credits seat belts for woman and children surviving rollover car accident unscathed

How long should a child be in a rear-facing seat?

Contact Information