Seattle’s King5.com reports that a female pedestrian was hit by the light rail train this afternoon at Martin Luther King Junior Way South and South Othello Street in Seattle.
According to the report, the woman was not badly hurt in the pedestrian accident.
The light rail train is currently in testing and regular service begins on July 20th. This is the second accident involving the train during the testing period.
Sound Transit has the following safety tips pedestrians and drivers alike:
- Trains are fast, run in both directions and are very quiet.
- Do not try to judge a trains distance or speed
- Look both ways when crossing tracks
- Obey traffic signals and crossing gates
- Listen for train whistles and bells
- Never walk, bike, skateboard, or play around the tracks.
- Only cross tracks in designated crossing areas.
- Never get too close to tracks
- Trains have the right-of-way.
This information is brought to you by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We are a personal injury attorney firm with offices in Seattle and Bellevue. If you or a loved one has injured in a pedestrian accident, do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your case.