A man who was working on a car was injured this afternoon when a car on jacks fell on top of him.The car jack accident occurred around 134th Avenue East and 304th Street East near Kapowsin reports King 5 of Seattle. His condition is not known at this time.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration estimates that approximately 10,000 people are injured every year in accidents involving hoists or jacks. These accidents occur while people are changing tires or repairing motor vehicles.
It is important that everyone use a auto jack do so with the utmost care and caution.
Car Jack Tips
- Make sure the jack you use is rated for the vehicle you are lifting.
- Follow the owner’s manual about the use of the jack and its positioning.
- Use caution where you jack up a vehicle; do not jack it up along a highway.
- Make sure there is sufficient light for you to work and also to make your vehicle is visible to other motorists.
- Use road flares if you are alongside a road or highway.
Make sure you jack up a car on a level road; avoid using a jack where there is ice, snow, mud or standing water.
This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We are a personal injury law firm that represent people who have been injured due to the negligence of others including in work-related accidents, auto accidents and slip, trip and fall accidents.