Girls dies of tonsillitis complications after being misdiagnosed with swine flu

A 16-year-old girl, Charlotte Hartley of the UK, dies from complications arising from tonsillitis after she was misdiagnosed with swine flu and prescribed the anti-viral drug Tamiflu reports the MailOnline.

According to the report, Charlotte was told she had swine flu after talking with someone at a call center. She took the prescribed Tamiflu but, when her condition deteriorated, she was taken to the hospital where her family had found her lungs had collapsed because of a overwhelming bacterial infection. She died shortly thereafter.

People in England are in an uproar after Charlotte’s death because the Government has told doctors that they should not see swine flu victims. Charlottes father, Karl Hartley, said, ‘This is a breach of our human rights. The Government is restricting us from going to the doctor.” He has started a campaign to end telephone diagnoses of swine flu.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We are a medical malpractice firm with offices in Bellevue and Seattle Washington. We have more than 30 years experience representing medical malpractice victims and their families.

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.