We have seen time and time again cases where a person goes shopping, visits a local business or visits a friend in an apartment complex and suffers a life-changing injury due to a slip and fall accident. When a slip and fall accident is caused by the property owner or management companies negligence, they can be held legally responsible for damages suffered by the injured person.
Proving a that a property owner or manager’s negligence caused the slip and fall accident is not always easy. However, a personal injury attorney can help with a claim when a property owner was negligent and the victim’s injuries are so severe that they required a hospital stay, physical therapy or are left permanent injury or disability.
In proving negligence, the plaintiff must:
- Prove that the property owners failed to maintain the property in a safe manner
- Prove the property owners created unsafe conditions which resulted in the injury
- Prove the property owners were aware of hazards or unsafe conditions on their property but did not remedy the situation or warn others.
It is important to provide information on whether the hazardous conditions which resulted in the injury were permanent or temporary and, if they were temporary, how long the conditions existed.
Types of Slip and Fall Cases
Slip and fall cases can result from a variety of causes including:
- Wet or slippery floors — When a floor is freshly mopped or when they are slippery due to waxing, polishing or spills, signs should be placed which warns pedestrians of floor conditions.
- Clutter, machinery and tools — Store aisles and walkways around buildings and on grounds should be clear of hoses, trash, equipment, machinery, trash and other clutter which can cause a person to fall.
- Ditches, holes and trenches — Should be fenced and sings warning of the hazard should be placed around the hazard.
- Loose carpet, loose tiles and uneven floors.
- Snow and ice.
- Uneven concrete in parking lots and sidewalks.
- Falling objects from retail displays.
- Escalator malfunctions.
- Falls caused by poor lighting.
Bellevue Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Helps Slip and Fall Victims
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident you may wish to consult with a personal injury attorney who can help determine whether premises liability applies to your accident and whether you have a legal claim.
The Farber Law Group is a personal injury firm that has handled many premises liability cases and we can evaluate the possibility of a claim after your slip and fall accident. A personal injury lawsuit may help you recover compensation to pay for your medical costs, loss of wages and for your pain and suffering.
To schedule a free consultation, call us at 1-800-244-9087.