Three people were injured in a two-car accident when a Ford Escape driven by Matthew Weisenburger, age 45 of Maple Valley, crossed the center line on U.S. Route 2 and hit a Suburban driven by Randy Kim Roberts, age 55 of Leavenworth. The car accident occurred around 11:20 am approximately 25 miles east of Leavenworth.
Matthew Weisenburger was taken to Cascade Medical Center with arm and leg injuries. His passenger, Megan Weisenburger, 18, was also taken to Cascade with possible broken ribs. Roberts was taken to Cascade with a foot injury.
The Washington State Patrol cited Weisenburger for driving too fast for the icy road conditions reports The Wenatchee World.
The AAA recommends that motorists take the following safety precautions on icy and slippery roads:
- Drive at slower speeds and brake and steer more slowly
- Watch out for black ice that forms on areas of the road that do not get direct sunlight
- Exercise extra caution on bridges, overpasses and tunnels
- Place extra weight in the form of sand bags or kitty litter in the trunks or truck beds of rear wheel drive vehicles
- When driving a vehicle with anti-lock braking systems (ABS), apply steady pressure when stopping. When driving a vehicle that doesn’t have ABS, gently apply pumping pressure to the brakes.
This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and the family of those killed.