Man dies of rare complications of food poisoning

The Sun reports that Mitcheel Carey, 43, son-in-law of the British soccer star Bob Wilson, died from food poisoning as a result of the bacteria Clostridium perfringens Type A.

Clostridium perfringens is a common bacteria that is a normal part of decaying vegetation and marine sediment and can be found in the intestinal tract of humans. It is believed that most people have had food poisoning from this bacteria at some point.

Carey became ill after eating a corned beef sandwich. His condition worsened and he developed multiple organ failure. It is extremely rare that anyone suffer fatal symptoms; there are only seven other recorded cases of a person suffering multiple organ failure after becoming ill with this bacteria.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have become seriously ill due to food poisoning and the family of those killed.

Related Posts:

How to prevent Salmonella illness from eggs

FDA testing for more E.coli strains

Victim of E-coli food borne illness files suit in King County Superior Court

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or attorney@hgfarber.com to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.