Boy dies from brain injury caused by TV that fell on him

A 4-year-old boy from Kansas has died after he suffered a traumatic brain injury when a television fell on him. Max Gordon of Stilwell, Kansas died at a hospital after an older-model TV tipped over.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, TV-tipover accidents which result in death are not that uncommon. In fact, they estimate that 180 people were killed between 2000 and 2006 due to tipped-over furniture.

THE CPSC recommends that parents, daycare providers and others use specially designed straps which, when fastened to the wall, prevents televisions and other pieces of furniture from tipping over.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured by slip, trip and fall accidents and the family of those killed. With our help, you may recover compensation for your damages caused by the negligence of another.

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or attorney@hgfarber.com to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.