Federal Way family treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday

The Seattle Times reports that a Federal Way family was taken to Virginia Medical Center in Seattle for treatment of possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the report, the electricity to their apartment building was out and the family was using a charcoal grill on their deck and the probably blew the gas from the grill into the apartment through an open door.

Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas but because it is colorless and odorless and it is very difficult to detect. For these reasons, it is called “the silent killer.” Every year, approximately 300 people are killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in the United States according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, dizziness and flu-like symptoms. Too much exposure can cause central nervous system and heart complications and can cause death.

It is recommended that people install carbon monoxide alarms in their homes and test the alarms once a month.

This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured and the families of those killed by defective and dangerous products.

Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or attorney@hgfarber.com to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.