It’s time to winterize your car in Seattle as the first snow storm of the winter is predicted in the local mountains. Here are some tips:
- Check your windshield wipers and make sure that the rubber is not cracked on the blades.
- Check your wiper fluid to make sure it is full.
- Check your car battery because old batteries often fail during winter months.
- Top off your anitifreeze to make sure your engine runs at a consistent temperature.
- Check your headlights and taillights.
- Clean the interior windshields because dust can attract fog.
- Check your tires to make sure you have tread enough to gain traction in the winter.
Some items you might want to carry around for emergency include:
- A deicer like salt.
- A snow shovel.
- Lock de-icer as locks on older cars can stick.