Our recent posting highlighted the kick-off of the National Safe Boating Week campaign that educates boaters to wear life jackets (PFDs). The Seattle Times reports that four Oregon men should have paid heed to the campaign because Clackamas County, Oregon authorities have cited them $242 each after they were in a boating accident on the Sandy River. The four men’s rafts capsized and they managed to get to safety but they were cited for not wearing life jackets.
The National Safe Boating week campaign is partnering with several events in Western Washington:
- Vessel Safety Check in Bellingham on May 3
- 3rd Annual Boater’s Fair at the BI Commons & City Dock on May 10
- US Power Squadron Boating Course in Lacey on May 17
- Boating Safety Course in Bellingham on May 17
- Safe Boating Week – Lake Chelan Boat Club, Manson on May 17
- Boating Safety Course at the Squalicum Yacht Club, Bellingham on June 14
- Boating Safety Course at the Squalicum Yacht Club in Bellingham on September 13
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a boating accident, contact the boating accident attorneys at The Farber Law Group. We are experienced in maritime law and Washington State laws as they relate to injuries you have suffered. In the case of a fatal boating accident the family is entitled to compensation for the loss of a loved one. Contact us today for a free case consultation.